Sunday, August 3, 2008

Muu


I made a Muu this weekend!! I used this tutorial http://stitchlounge.com/site/blog/168/refashioned-draped-neck-top from the stitch lounge. I love their site design!!

I used a navy blue knit fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if it's just me being a novice or what, but there were a few things that were kind of confusing about the directions. I just had to read a few sections over a few times to get it straight. As you can see, I figured it out. The hardest part was making your own double folded bias tape to bind the neck and arm holes. I also learned a little lesson, that I need to watch so everything gets sewed into the binding so I don't have to go back and hand stitch. I want to try one with a more slinky fabric..it will hang differently.

It turned out good great! Now I have a nice knit shirt that probably won't (cross fingers) fall apart after washing it twice like something you'd get from one of the major retailers out there pushing crap-ass made fashion from China. If I may rant, I'm very tired of buying stuff that craps out after you wash it a few times!

Try making a Muu!!

2 comments:

prentiss said...

Cute!! Don't you love that site? The design is so neat. Not crazy about reading the blog in such a narrow column.

My next project is going to be a lunch bag w/ the Ikea tablecloth.

Legs said...

I'm researching insulating materials for that same type of project. :) I'll let you know if i find something good.