Saturday, September 13, 2008

K's Koasters

Once again I was a sewing fiend last weekend (and I plan on doing the same this weekend). My friend K from work brought in a cute coaster for her desk and I thought they were so cute and such a great idea, I'd make my own for gifts.


I made three sets out of two fat quarters and I was also able to make a little clutch out of the scraps! (which by the way was my second attempt at putting in zippers! Do not fear the zipper!)

The coasters have the red fabric on one side and blue floral on the other. I tied them with gold string for presentation. I also have to say I found a WONDERFUL fabric shop in Georgetown where I purchased this super fab fabric. They also have a website: http://www.poppyquiltnsew.com/ I'm planning to take a class there and definitely shop there some more. Along with being super sweet and helpful, they had Michael Miller fabric in the remnant bin!!!!

No comments: