Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The ULTIMATE Tote Bag


I was extremely productive this past weekend on the sewing machine. I was getting frustrated b/c when I left for work I had to grab a laptop bag, purse, lunch bag, water bottle, ipod, and anything else I needed for the day. SO I decided to create a tote to handle it ALL.

I took a pattern from Lotta Jansdotter and altered it to fit my needs. I used the day tote pattern and made it bigger, added more pockets and did some more lining of pockets than what was done in her pattern.

Here is the result. I am SO satisfied. The fabric is Robert Kaufman (You got the Notions collection) which I received from my sister-in-law this past Christmas.

I attempted a cushioned laptop bag as well, but it did not turn out...it has zippers on it (on the fabric and to open the bag). But I learned some good lessons about sewing with bulky cushion stuff. Luckily I have some of the fabric left over. I think I'm going to make a messenger bag.

3 comments:

prentiss said...

Cute! Love the fabric

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I'm glad you found such a great use for that fabric.

Weaveron Textile said...

Increasing the fabric design of your bag is good.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/